Thursday, April 28, 2011

You're the inspiration

This post is a few days late because last week, we headed to the West Coast to visit some family.  We spent most of our 5 days on the coast with my sister Wendy. She has this cute character place in Strathcona, a neighbourhood east of downtown Vancouver.

I could write chapters on how Wendy inspires me in so many ways. Every time I am around her, I want to live simply, create beauty and dream of possibilities. But for this blog post, I want to share her decor style. She brings second hand treasures together in simply beautiful ways. I felt like I was staying in a museum or art gallery or photo set. Everywhere I looked, I was inspired.

You should really see her apartment in the late afternoon/evening light. It just glows. Unfortunately, I snapped a few pictures before we left early Tuesday morning so the light is terrible.









Speaking of homes, during a walk along the seawall, we saw floating homes moored in the marina. Now that would be cool. Although I wonder if I have the sea legs for it. Check them out. It was Jake's first trip to Vancouver and the Island. He now wants to move there; if I could live on a floating house I just may do that one day....but that is another post for another blog.

1 comment: